Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School

It's hard to believe that summer is over and it's time for school again. Yesterday was Dector's first day. I can't believe that he's already in the 5th grade. Next year he'll be off to middle school. While I was waiting for Dec to come out, I started thinking about how different it was when I was in school. I don't consider myself old, but I realized that it has been 13 years since I was last in school. I wouldn't go back to high school again if you paid me, but, I do miss seeing my friends everyday. Looking back now, life was so much simpler and I wish I would have enjoyed it more. So many things have happened over the past 13 years. Most of my friends are married or enjoying their careers. Some have kids of their own going to school. It's amazing how time flies. As I sat there waiting (sometimes Dec takes a while to get to the car) I decided that I'm going to try and make more time in my life for my friends and try to re-connect with the ones I haven't seen for a while. I hope I don't bug anyone, but to close, I'd like to quote a sign that I've seen many times. I hope I don't offend my family. "One good friend is worth 10,000 relatives"

2 comments:

tomdena7 said...

Yoy are old Julie!!! What are you like 31 now. You are not in your 20's anymore!!!

Myranda said...

Love the quote - most times it is way too true!